Retail Terms & Conditions
All pricing is quoted in Australian Dollars and inclusive of GST unless stated otherwise. Pricing is ex-warehouse. All sale quotes are valid until the end of the sale period. A delivery charge will be quoted upon receipt of the order. Installation is not included in delivery charge. Special rates may apply to large orders.
Customers should inspect all items at the time of delivery and sign delivery documents supplied. Claim for damage during delivery must be recorded at the time of receipt of the goods.
Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. accepts no responsibility for installation or products being placed or located in an unsafe position that may result in harm to either persons or property. Care and maintenance information for the goods has been provided in good faith and Robert Plumb accepts no responsibility for damage caused by treatments or products not manufactured by Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. Any liability of Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. howsoever arising, whether by reason of any breach of any condition or warranty implied by statute or of an express condition or warranty in this document or of any duty in tort (including negligence) is, to the extent legally permitted, limited as set out below. In the case of goods the liability of Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. is limited to any one or more of the following (as selected by Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd.): – the replacement of the goods or supply of equivalent goods; or the repair of the goods; or
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired.
- In the case of services, the liability of Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. is limited to any one or more of the following (as selected by Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd.):
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of acquiring those services again.
- Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. is not liable for any indirect or consequential loss however arising.
Warranty and workmanship
The finest quality workmanship is guaranteed when you purchase from the Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. range. Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. gives replacement warranty only on all products.
The following warranties specifically exclude damage due to normal wear and tear, abuse or misuse of the product in a manner other than its intended use.
- Natural weathering affects all timber exposed to the elements. Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. uses New Guinea Rosewood. This timber is graded for outdoor use. New Guinea Rosewood is used on all of our timber furniture due to its proven external durability and dense stable nature. It has similar properties to teak and has a very fine grain. As timber is a natural material, tonal differences among the various elements may occur. Moreover if the products are purchased at different periods the elapsed time and climatic conditions may cause variations in colour and tone and Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. cannot accept any responsibility. Any product used outdoors should be regularly maintained to extend the life of the product.
- Warranty: 5 years on structure (not including cushions or fabric).
- Staining of Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. Products
- Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. offers a range of stains, which can be applied to our timber furniture upon request. We choose to use the Resene Penetrating Oil Stain. It is important to note Resene Penetrating Oil Stain will require ongoing maintenance.
- Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. offers six standard colours (samples can be viewed in our Botany Showroom). If alternate colours are required we charge a $150 sampling fee per colour.
- Once a stain colour is approved, Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. does not accept any responsibility for variations between the sample and finished item(s). These variations are expected as New Guinean Rosewood is a natural product.
- Our stainless steel products are manufactured from the highest quality marine grade stainless steel (unless otherwise stated) which will maintain its natural integrity during the life of the product.
- Warranty: 5 years on stainless; timber component for stainless steel has a 5 year warranty (not including fabric or cushions).
- Architectural Hardware:
- Constructed with 316 marine grade stainless steel (unless otherwise stated).
- Warranty: 5 years excluding working parts.
- Planters & Firepits Warranty
- Chunky Planters: 3 years.
- Fire Pits: 3 years.
- Terracotta Pot Range: 3 years (on any structural faults)
- Lights Warranty: 5 years on copper shade and timber post. 1 year on actual light component.
Some stock will be carried in the warehouse but please allow a minimum of 8 weeks plus an additional 4 weeks for orders placed between October and January All lead times are subject to availability of materials from suppliers. Confirmation of lead time is subject to final order quantity and product availability. Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. will not be liable for claims arising from delay in delivery due to strikes, shipping accidents, unavailability of materials or events beyond its control. If ordering out of stock items a time frame for delivery will be estimated prior to confirmation of order.
Should the client request a delay in delivery, Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. will hold the order (in part or whole) free of charge for one week beyond the original delivery date. After this the customer will need to make alternative arrangements for storage. Should Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. be requested to store the goods the client will be invoiced for storage at a rate of $75 per week.
Returns and cancellations
In the event of a warranty claim, returned products must be in NEW condition and in original packaging, and sent to the Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. warehouse within 30 days of receipt of product. Shipping costs on returned goods will not be refunded. In the event of an order cancellation by the client: – Within 7 days of placing the order 10% of the deposit will be retained by Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. in addition to any costs incurred after 7 days of placing the order 20% deposit will be retained by Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. in addition to any costs incurred.
Delivery and installation
A shipping charge will be quoted assuming there is one delivery and precise site conditions are known. Should there be subsequent deliveries then additional delivery charges will be invoiced. Where part deliveries are made, Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. maintains the right to invoice the customer for pro rata progress payments in respect of those items delivered.
Delivery is provided on the basis that the site is free of other trades and is within the hours of 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
Clear and reasonable site access must be provided with unrestricted lift facilities (if applicable).
Items in stock
Goods must be paid for in full. Goods must be collected from the Robert Plumb warehouse within 7 days of final payment.
- Orders must be confirmed in writing by fax, email, post or by signing this form.
- An Order Acknowledgement Form will be sent to confirm order.
- Notification of amendments or additions to any order must be made in writing within 48 hours.
- A deposit of 50% of the purchase price is payable on placement of order with the balance payable prior to receipt of goods.
- All goods remain the property of Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. until paid for in full.
- Payment may be made by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or AMEX), personal or company cheque (payable to Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd.) or DIRECT DEBIT transfer funds to BSB: 032 035 Account No: 184 141 Account Name: Robert Plumb Pty Ltd. Please note a 2% surcharge applies for all American Express payments.
- The deposit will only be refundable in certain circumstances (see Returns and Cancellations above).
Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. uses Internet standard encryption technology (“SSL” or “Secure Socket Layer” technology) to encode personal data that you send to Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. when placing an order through the Site. To check that you are in a secure area of the Site before sending personal data to Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd., please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key. While Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd., no transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. or its payment gateway. If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. recommends that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security.
In addition Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. recommends that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 6 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. also recommends that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to ‘My Account’ and clicking ‘Change password’.
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts. Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd. will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd..com asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond. The Australian Government has published additional information about protecting yourself in online transactions. This is available at http://www.staysmartonline.gov.au/ (this website is not provided by the Robert Plumb Pty. Ltd.).